Thursday, June 19, 2003

OK...So tonight Im working by myself in the old PCO doing old PCO stuff (most of which I dont understand)...And what happens at 5:02?

The mail server croaks. ugh.

So I call people and get caught in the middle of network analyst BS. Double ugh.

Since the mailserver came back up its pretty quiet tho. I scrapped doing AS/400 tapes because I after I log in i cant seem to figure out how to get to the "section" I want to be in to look at the tapes...They taught me how to do it but didn't show me the log and pick your section part. I told my boss that it wasn't happening and he seemed pretty fine with that(altho I used the excuse that it was cause of web server down-ness). My boss is a rightous fellow. But it seems like there is so much more todo when sean(the guy whyo trained me) is here...I must be missing a ton of stuff. I dunno. 2morrow I guess I hafta fill out a report for a time when the server croaked. I would do it now but I already made an outline with times and I dont know where the database Im suppose to log it into is...

se la vi (sp?,anyone)

well i guess I could go check the dev room and the IIS services on a couple of machines are supposed to be stopped yet but I didn't want to do that too early. My major concern was the trade file but that went no problem. Which is cool because that rightous fellow my boss said it was the only thing I had to really worry about (Im pretty sure the web rollouts are fairly important as well and those seemed to go fine.)

I told sean I would also swap out a few monitors in the dev server room. So I guess I have time for that.

ho-hum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home