Monday, August 23, 2004

Well, I had these nice little 5X8 cards I had written blog posts on everyday I was camping (will 3 or 4 days) but my GF accidentally washed them when we got back (Or I forgot to take them out of my pants). SO I dont have that resource anymore.

To summarize:

We had a walk in campsite about a half mile from the parkinglot on "Lake 21" In the Bemidji state forest. The bathroom was also a half mile away. Which wasn't really a problem, FOR THE GIRLS, who got to use my "mother-in-law's" chem toilet that we hauled in on the boat. (Did I mention the campsite was right "on" the lake?). Yeah, the chem toilet. Good times. See every 2 days it would fill up. When it fills up it quits flushing, when it quits flushing you end up with nastiness in the bowl that, well, wont flush. So when the unfortunate soul who needs to take it and dump it (Invariably me) opens the do-hickey that detaches the "refuse bin" from the seat it pours all over them. YUM!

Additionally I went with grampa and the kids picking blueberries (we got about 5 gallons), We went and robbed some forest clearing project of a bunch of loose wood (enough for 5 days, which lemme tell you is ALOT of wood),watched the kids fish, played some cards, played some bocce ball, I also had a strange dream that I was at a celebrity wedding. It was wacked.

Ill end with a list of the animals we saw while we were there:

Bats,
Squirrels,
Walleye,
Bluegill,
Owl,
Beaver,
Deer,
Muskrat,
Bear,

Gramma scared the bear away by yelling at it just as it overturned our coolers.

Maybe Ill post some pics after lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home