Monday, May 09, 2005

You know what really puts a "damper" on mothers day?

A block long grass fire to put out. Thats what.

See it all started when I was at our friends house bored. I have a kite (my favorite kite, might I add) stuck in a tree on the far side of this 10 acre field, on the opposite side of what they call, "The Shooting Range".

So Me, Wife and Wife's best friend walk out there to see if my kite has come down this week.

Nope.

Ok, We go back to her house and start playing Boche(sp?)ball. Well Im losing, down by 7 when one of our friends' kids rides up on her bike.

"THE SHOOTING RANGE IS ON FIRE!!!"

Some of the other kids were playing in this giant blue bucket with the hose. You can imagine what I said to them.(the F word was involved)

Next, Its me in the back of this giant diesel truck, sturdying the water and going about 50 down our friends' driveway...Holding on for dear life.

An hour and about 10 trips to the well later, the fire is out.

I have some minor burns(Did I mention I was wearing sandals and shorts??), My wife has a 2nd degree burn on her elbow. And her friend's husband (My Friend, sure, why not) Has 1st, second and one 3rd degree burn.

But the fire was out.

No DNR, No ticket...

I view it as a success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home