Monday, May 15, 2006

What a completely horrible weekend.

First of all I had 90 bucks to last my family from last Thursday until Tuesday and my mother in law and her husband came up sorta unexpectedly. I love them to death (really to death) but man they burn through all my supplies at a stifling rate.(Literally)

Ok moving on.

Yesterday my wife rolls over in bed at about 6:30 and you know what she says to me?

"What did you get my mother for Mothers day?"

I replied, "Huh? what? Nothing. Shes not my mother? What did you get her?"

Well appearently nothing. She says I said I would get her something for her. But the thing is, I swear I didnt, I think she is confusing it with her moms birthday which was a couple of weeks ago. But maybe Im crazy and I cant remember. So I got to feel bad about that all day.

Moving on...

Then, at about 4 yesterday, my wife comes to me while Im doing prep work for the big fish dinner I was making (not deep fat fried, oven broiled with tomatos), and she says to me.

"Think you can get to the tub drain today? Its running pretty slow."

Ok, sure, once I get the fish in I went up there to see what I could do, That was at about 5PM.

Plunge Plunge, alittle better, Here comes my Step-Father-In-Law, a professional plumber, and he grabs my plunger and plunges that drain like nothing Id ever seen before.

Well, he didnt unclog the drain, what he did do was strike oil in my tub drain from the looks of what came up out of it, filth blacker than a nazi officers heart. And twice as smelly as one would be if you exhumed them.

Then things got uber plugged.

So then dinner was ready. I washed my hands about 14 times and even though I was completely put off the food by then I forced myself to eat the mothers-day dinner I was too disgusted to want.

Then I went back to the tub, this was at about 7:30.

My Step-Father-In-Law says we should take the access panel off and get to the trap. I try to tell him that the people who put the plumbing in F'ed it all up. The trap is glued together. Well he doesnt believe me because thats totally insane. Who the hell would do that? You would have to be a complete idiot.

Yeah 15 minutes later he is telling me what idiots they were, as If I didnt know.

I rent from these people.

So at that point he throws up his hands and throws in the towel, going to watch TV.

Too bad that wasnt an option for me. Kids need to bathe. I need to shave in the morning. We cant have the shower drain down. Its just a cant be.

So I plunged, I prayed, I plunged some more, I swore, I prayed, I plunged.

Finally, 10:30...It gave...Water flowed, slowly. But it was flowing.

From there it was just a matter of putting the crystals that fill your house with tear gas down there.

Pop, pop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is. Fixed.

Then it was only another hour of scrubbing the black death tar out of my tub(It was like mud, only it has the consistancy and staying power of ink). Which I did with great zeal and ferver. 3 times as a matter of fact.

By 12:10 my wife took her shower.

I love mothers day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home