Thursday, May 24, 2007

I was thinking about asking some questions of my kids AP biology teacher. Specifically why they teach evolution as proven fact when it is really an untested hypothesis.

in order for a hypothesis to be promoted to a theory it must be tested...Can someone, anyone, please tell me how one would test such a hypothesis? (really, someone show me spontaniously generating cells in a test tube in some laboratory somewhere under the "right" conditions)

Here is a link to the scientific method as described by Oakton Comunity College, in Skokie, IL. http://servercc.oakton.edu/~billtong/eas100/scientificmethod.htm

If we can accept the oakie skokie university as being a respectable scientific outfit then we have to wonder again why we are so quick to accept this "Theory" as being true and absolute fact.

Why?

Because it answers fundamental questions that are very important to us.

Where we came from? An accident and alot of time. Why are we here? To evolve and spread our genes around.

But theres so much it DOESNT answer.

Where does the first life come from? And how? They cant just create life in a lab. And dont gimme that amino acid bs because amino acids have a long way to go to become life.

And wouldnt you need 2 mutants at the same time to breed with each other? Species cannot interbreed successfully with other species. So how could one ever spring up in the midst of another bunch of animals?

Now Im not a religeous fundamentalist. I dont think the Earth was created in 6 days, 10000 years ago. I dont really believe the entire earth was flooded. I would like to have some scientific fact to put my faith in.

Unfortunately the hypothesis of evolution just doesnt do it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home