Friday, November 16, 2007

Phone rings

Me:Hello
My sister in law: How do I get that guitar game for the kids on my computer?
Me: Do a google search for frets on fire.
MSIL: How do you spell frets
Me: F R E T S
MSIL: F R I T S
Me: No, theres an E no I
MSIL: F R E T Z ?
ME: No, F R E T S
MSIL: OK F R E T S
Me: Yes...Did you find it?
MSIL: Theres all these different versions, what one do I want?
ME: The one that says WINDOWS INSTALLER
MSIL: Ok but then it takes me some forge source place.
Me: Sourceforge? Thats where developers put there crap for users to download. Its where you should be.
MSIL: It says I thank you for downloading, but I didnt download anything.
Me: It should say something like "if your download doesnt begin click here."?
MSIL: I dont see anything like that.
Me(Goes to page): Read along with me, see where it says, "Thank you for downloading Frets on Fire. Your download should begin shortly. If you are experiencing problems with the download please use this direct link. "

Click the direct link.
MSIL: Now I get the box! Click save?
Me: Yes click save, remember where you put it.
MSIL: What do you mean remember where I put it?
Me: Your going to have to click the exe file to run it.
MSIL: Oh. Ok Its pointed at my desktop.
Me: OK then, you should be fine. Bye now.
MSIL: Bye! Thank you!
Me(Now talking to wife): Your sister knows how to read right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home