Friday, March 14, 2008

I made this stuff last night.

it was awesome. I commented on the recipe in italics. Aint I clever?

Fried Walleye and Sauce

4 smaller Walleye Fillets
Seasoned Flour (WTF is this? I just put some onion, garlic powder alittle mortons and some cayenne in the flour)
kosher salt (oy vey! I used normal salt. Opposed to salt blessed and sold by rabbis)
fresh ground black pepper (Or not fresh ground black pepper)
1/2 cup Chardonnay wine (Not on hand sorry, Skipped this)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 large sliced onion (slice long way)
1/4 cup diced tomato (seeds and skin removed)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 lemon juice
1 tsp capers (Yeah I dont keep this on hand either, How about alittle cilantro and 2 tbsp jalapenos/salsa instead?)
cover fillets in seasoned flour and fry until brown in Olive oil. take fillets out of pan and set aside....saute the garlic and onions and tomato in the pan drippings until tender.....add flour to make a roux....add wine and stock....lemon juice, capers and reduce to 1/2......add the walleye fillets and parsley....cover for 10 minutes to warm the fish. Serve over rice(I did rice) or pasta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home