Thursday, February 05, 2004

Some fellow bloggers are talking about my parents so I thought I'd clear the air about that:

My mother is a horrible alcoholic weighing in at 80 pounds with green skin, no sense of propriety and a never ending memory lapse. Its not really her fault though because my father is a certifiable psychotic who has been in and of prison and mental institutions all his life. I stopped talking to him when I forced my mother to take me and my sister on an out of state flight 15 years ago...I was 13, and at the time he had just finished kicking her down 2 flights of stairs and fractured her skull and ankle. Since then all she has done is drink, drink, drink. Apparently that stuff about being drunk not getting rid of your problems is only accurate if you eventually quit drinking. I stopped talking to her about 2 years ago after she was hospitalized because her lower intestines had gone gangrenous. She got out of the hospital and flushed the 2 months of sobriety she had been forced to endure down the toilet by returning to her budweiser only diet plan.

I could tell stories about my parents all day that would curl your hair. Dead pets, My sister's first holy communion, his gun collection, watching the two of them urinate on themselves while sleeping naked on the living room couch. the tin of plastic explosive in the dining room, a lunchbox full of asbestos. Him in a shootout with the police...I could go on and on and on.

So you guys will have to guess again about why I have nothing to say. Its certainly not for fear of offending my parents. I dont hate them or anything. I just know that to deal with them would hurt me, and I think the 2 of them have hurt me enough in my life. Better to just leave them alone and live my life without them.

And I didn't write this to garner sympathy from anyone either. Im glad that they put me through the hell they did. Without that I wouldn't be the person I am today. And "gosh darnit I like me". After all that the world could never bring me down. Ive been through misery and I know what helplessness and depression are truly like. These days my life is all rainbows and fuzzy kittens in comparison. Im glad my parents can illuminate the world in such a way. And im glad they provided such a good example of what not to do. I couldn't have done anything without them.

Anyway, enough about that.

If tif wants she can read more about SMS and Novell at their websites. I work on a helpdesk for a big corporation so I need to mess with the stuff and I wrote about it because I had nothing better to write about. (thanks for getting me away from the nerdiness for awhile.)

Information on SMS
Novell

I hope everyone has a good day and I hope my stories of broken homes, drug abuse and the unsavable reprobates of the human race didn't get you guys down.

And incidentally my boss says I am a run-on writer and my compositions are hard to read(but im a technician not a writer). Maybe thats why I usually dont bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home