Monday, June 28, 2004

Robert Schultz
06/28/04 10:25 AM

To: Cheryl L
cc: Dan M
Subject: Re: Could you help?

I try not to to work on stuff in my spare time, However that doesn't usually work out for me because I have 3 machines waiting at home for me to fix them.

Sounds like what you need is adapter to hook up your laptop's hard drive to a "normal" computer.

I just happen to know of someone that is as shy as me when it comes to taking on outside of work problems. He also has the adapter required(which I dont have) to remove the data from your hard drive(I believe). It is my friend Dan M. Im copying him in on the reply. So he should be appraised of your situation. Additionally his extension is 55217. I believe him to be very affordable and more importantly reliable.

Ill ask him personally about it when I see him, however Im at NSC this week so It might be later today or tomorrow before I see him.

Does that work for you? Just get the goods back from best buy. I also think that is very "bunk" that they dont have the adapter required. AND If you want to the sony laptop to work again I would guess that would entail a very expensive part (Laptop parts are almost always very spendy). So you might just want him to retrieve the data you need off it and burn it to CD. Im sure he will be able to give you cost analysis on repair vs. new equipment.

Yours in service,
-Robert




To: Robert Schultz
cc:
Subject: Could you help?

Robert,
Ginny is over here working on my Microsoft issues so I asked if she knew anyone in IT that dabbles in computers on the side, she suggested you.

I have a SONY Vaio laptop that stopped powering up about 1 1/2 weeks. It's been over at Best Buy for about a week and they called us yesterday to say that they couldn't back up the hard drive because it wouldn't even power up.

Could you help or do you know anyone that may be able to help? My boyfriend has a lot of .dxf files for his business on there that he did not get a chance to back up before it fried.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home