Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Yeah...So I traded duties today with Wanda. I was Line 2(Fixing stuff) but I traded her for Line 1 (taking calls). Ill still do plenty line 2 stuff but that's not what the story is about.

This is the story of an end user who put in a support request.

The Supreq went like this:

"the user cannot remove his USB storage card from the sales rooms computer"

Me: Dave(that's my boss), Look at the unassigned calls and lemme know how you wanna proceed
Dave:GRRRRR, Im going to have to send out a reminder about how your not supposed to do that.
Me: Ill call him right now.
Brian(The user):Hi Robert! I cant get my memory stick out.
Me: Your breaking the rules. You cant bring in stuff and plug it in.
Brian:O?
Me:Yeah, you could infect everything with viruses like that.
Brian:Well Clayton had one and he mentioned to me they were 5 bucks...
Me:Keep giving us names and maybe we can go easier on you. Its really the best thing for you right now.
Brian:Im not really in trouble am I?
Me:Well, my boss is kinda freeking out.
Dave-BANGS HAND ON DESK-:Hes got 2 minutes then im going over there and confiscating it!
Me:Brian look. If I come over there Im just going to rip it out anyway. If its working it should be seated right and it should unseat. Be strong and yank it out.
Brian:If I break the USB port on the computer am I going to be in trouble?
Me:Too late for that now, might as well just rip it out.
Brian:Ok, Ill call you back.

He called back and got it out without damaging anything. I just wonder about these people sometimes.

I mean if your an end user and you wanna use your external USB storage card here at work, then what you should do is pull out your wallet, check your ID. If the name on there is not Robert Schultz then dont even think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home