Thursday, May 12, 2005

At the dinner table

Melissa(8): I know what I want for my birthday!
Robert: Oh, Didnt I tell you. Since youre always bugging me to join a church we joined one.
Melissa: Really?!?!
Robert: Yeah, But now that we are "Jehova's Witnesses", you dont get a birthday anymore.
Melissa: HUH?!?
Robert: Well, It seems that birthdays distract from the rightful worship of The Lord. Sorry but those are the rules of our new church.
Melissa: Well, thats dumb.
Robert: Dont question the authority of the church Melissa, thats sin.
Melissa: Well, its dumb to have no birthdays.
Robert: It was either Jehova's Witnesses or Islam. And your mom didnt want to wear one of those hoodies. Sorry.
Melissa: But all my friends have birthdays!?!
Robert: I guess they arent getting into heaven then. What would you rather have? Eternal Salvation or a party and some barbie dolls.
Melissa: MOM, IS DADDY TELLING THE TRUTH?!!!
Jenifer(Mom): No.


I your interested in the beliefs of the JW. Or think Im full of crap about the birthday thing see this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home