Sunday, November 18, 2007

Melissa(11) came into my room last night at about 10:30 crying. Her beta, Speedy(2 1/2) had died, She was taking it pretty hard, She wasnt really good about the water changes, something I had been lecturing her on recently, but yesterday she did a full water change on him. She left the water to sit out overnight to get to be the same temp, and remove the clorine. Im not sure if maybe she mangled him in the net. He did look alittle bloaty, so maybe she had neglected him too long and the water change stressed him to death. The straw that broke the camel's back. She said after the change he was looking/acting fine. Who knows.

Anyway, She wanted to bury him(I just throw my deadies in the garbage usually). So I went out in the dark at about 11 oclock and dug him a hole. We put him in an old jewelry box and said a few words.

One kid said he was in a better place. I pointed out that he was in a one foot hole, outside the back porch where that tree used to grow out from under the house.

It did make me sad too.

Stupid death. Ruining my life trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home