Wednesday, March 10, 2004

40 degrees today! Hooray! Spring is coming! I cant wait. I hate winter. I hate the wind on my ears. I hate slipping on the ice. I hate the cold draft that seeps in from the windows. I hate the 250 dollar gas bill. I hate turning down the heat when someone else has turned it up. I hate finding hats/mittens/snowpants for children who have carelessly lost them. I hate the snow getting in the tops of my shoes. I hate the crunchy sounds it makes when you walk on it. I hate leaving for work in the dark and coming home from work in the dark. I hate snowmobiles driving through my yard and in my street at all hours of the day.

I love the warm breeze when winter is changing to spring. I love the birds returning. I love flying kites in that warm breeze. I love camping for days on end without seeing anyone outside of my family. I love a lazy tube down a pristine backwoods river. I love bonfires. I love playing paintball with the sweat pouring off my body. I love bar-b-q's. I love sitting in the freshly mowed grass. I love watching a thousand frogs scatter before me on a path that goes nowhere. I love surprising a few deer on that same path but not with my car. I love having a nice leisurely smoke on a summer evening while watching the sunset.

I dont love the punk ass neighbor kids drinking on the corner :^( But I guess it cant be all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home