Thursday, May 06, 2004

My friend Gregg had a bone graph done yesterday. So me, being the good samaritan I am, I allowed him to whine and cry until I went.

But thats not what Im writing about.

Im writing about the his nurse. And the movie that was on TV while I was there.

See there's this kid, And said kid is in the ocean. Well just about then Robert Dinero pops out of the water and starts threatning the kid and asking for bolt cutters. He send the kid home and tells him to bring back the bolt cutters tomorrow. Kid actually comes back with the bolt cutter.

So while we are watching all this this nurse is trying to stick Gregg with some kind of prick so they can fill him full of more morphine.

"I think this is Great Expectations only in the present day"

I say.

Nurse chick (according to Gregg's board her name was Joy) said she never heard of it. So then I say

"Yeah, you know...", I say ,"Pip, Miss Haversham, Australian convict. Its written by that one guy. he wrote a tale of two cities, and A Christmas Carol? um..."

Nurse chick then says, "Michael Chrichton?"

"Im pretty sure its Charles Dickens"