Monday, May 10, 2004

Scene 1.

-Open to Robert sitting at his computer-

Robert-answering phone:Hello?
Gregg-Having just undergone bone graph:Hey Rob, Can you do me a favor?
Robert-taken aback:What?!
Gregg:Um...Im here with the kids and I can't drive and I was wonderin', Can you pick me some pizza's?
Robert-malcontent-:Yeah sure. I have to eat dinner then Ill be over. You have money?? Good! Ok...

-click-

Scene 2.

-Robert leaves for Gregg's,taking 6 year old, Melissa with him. As they leave the house, they encounter Gregg and Robert's Friend, Nate Strobel-

Nate:Hi Rob!
RObert:Hi Nate. Melissa and I were just on our way to get that invalid Gregg a few pizzas. Unless you would like to drive.
Nate:Sure, hop in.

Scene 3.

-Robert, Melissa and Nate arrive at Gregg's. Gregg is at his computer-

Robert, Gregg, Nate, Melissa:Hi.
Gregg:Melissa, you wanna stay here and play with Alexa while Rob and Nate get the pizza.
Melissa-gone from the room in a blur:Sure!
Robert-hand outstretched: Money.
Gregg:Um...yeah...heres twenty bucks.
Nate:What kind do you want?
Gregg: 2 Cheese, 2 Pepperoni/Sausage. Absolutely no vegis.
Nate:Lets Go.

Scene 4.

-Robert and Nate have aquired the pizzas and are leaving the grocery store parking lot. They pass a corner cafe-

Nate: Oh Rob! I wanna have an iced cappuccino!You want an iced capuccino too?!?
Robert:No Nate.
Nate:how about a regular coffee?
RObert:No.
Nate:You don't want anything? Well Im stopping.
Robert:That's a bad idea Nate. Gregg's kids are waiting on these pizza's. And besides that impulse buying is bad.
Nate:Oh, it'll just take a minute.
Robert:Hrm.

Scene 5.

-Nate has purchased his cappuccino and He and Robert are once again about to leave the parking lot.

Nate-repeatedly turning key even though his car isn't starting:Is something wrong here?
Robert:Yeah Nate, I think your car is not starting.
Nate:Should I call my dad?
Robert:No Nate. Let's say a prayer and wait 2 minutes and try again.
Nate:Ok

-Minutes Pass-

Nate-Car turning over:Hey it started!
Robert:See Nate, you just gotta have alittle faith.

-They Pull out onto the highway running adjacent to the mall-

Nate:My car isn't running right.
Robert:Hrm.

-The Car dies-

Nate-Panicking:Rob! We are broke down in the middle of the road!
Robert:Yeah Nate, I noticed that, but the real problem is that I have is this toothache.
Nate-Sinking deeper into panic:WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO! WERE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!
Robert:Well I think the first thing you might want to do is turn on your hazard lights.
Nate-Now in a complete panic, Hands moving frantically up and down the steering wheel:HAZARD LIGHTS! WHERE ARE THE HAZARD LIGHTS! ROB! I CANT FIND THE HAZARD LIGHTS! DO YOU SEE THE HAZARD LIGHTS!ROB!
Robert:Nope, dont see them.
Nate:YES! I GOT THEM ON! NOW WHAT?!
Robert-Still poking at tooth:Well Nate, the light is red now, but when it turns green Im going to get out and push the car back into the mall parking lot.
Nate:Great Idea!

-The light changes green, Robert gets out and starts pushing, about 1/3rd of the way through the intersection he notices, quite forcibly, that Nate is applying the break. The light has turned red.

Robert-Entering vehicle temporarily:Why did you brake Nate?
Nate:Well, there was this car coming.
Robert:Nate, we were committed to going through the intersection at that point. You Should...
Nate:Lights green rob.

-Robert finnishes pushing the car into the parking lot. Robert calls his GF on Nates Cell Phone-

Nate:This sucks. Im sorry Rob.
Robert:Could be worse Nate. You could have a white hot firey pain in your mouth. Besides It's all Gregg's fault. And I heard he was prescribed oxycontin. I like to think we were put through all this for a reason, and Gregg's Got perscription pain meds. I think pushing your car aggrivated my toothache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home