Friday, May 28, 2004

Well I dropped "3 dozen" crickets into the ant tank. I was hoping they wouldn't all be killed and then there would a renewable food source in there...I wouldn't have to keep sending the children out after grasshoppers and whatnot.

When I left for work at the end of my lunch it was a wholesale deathfest. Ant were each grabbing a cricket leg and moving in different directions. Then dragging the carcasses to a central location where they were being eviscerated and systematically taken inside the nest.

In another spot a cricket had made it into an seldom used sattelite tunnel. And ant was chasing it and the cricket went buck digging into the top of the tunnel. For the next 15 minutes I watched the ant dig herself to the surface and begin the fight anew.

I wonder how many crickets will be left when I get home. I hope some live in the grass on the far side of the tank from the nest.

:^(

But Idunno.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home