Friday, December 16, 2005

Im such an ass.

Let me give you a little history before I tell you what happened.

My wife has been sick for about 2 weeks to a month now. She doesnt do well sick. Shes crabby, she doesnt do anything around the house (we have a deal where the person who has the day off does the dishes). And she generally has a poor negative outlook while shes sick.

Then her PMS hit on Wednesday. Crank up the bitchitude, the negativity and the woe-is-me-ness a couple more notches.

I had an extremely bad and nasty day yesterday, enough to make me crabby. Which, I guess, is not an acceptable form of behavior in my home...For me. Fine for her for 2 weeks to a month, but 2 hours of me crabby and shes screaming at me.

So yesterday, I screamed back. I told her Im only human. I have emotions too. Sometimes they are not positive, sometimes Im crabby and mean. And when she puts crabbyness and negativity in for at least 2 weeks thats what shes going to get back out.

So then she cried for like 4 hours. Im not really sure because I went to bed at 8 last night. But hell. Why is it good for the goose and not the gander? Thats bullshit. Im tired of her playing the PMS card on me, or the sick card, I goto work when Im sick, I do the dishes when Im sick. I do not woe is me and lay around the house whining. Simply because I hate doctors and if I was to admit to being sick Id have to go see one. Consequently Im never sick(Or I dont admit it to her).

And as far as hormones go. Mine make me want to smash things and fight people. But yet Im not going around smashing things or punching people. Or jumping on every whore in the world. But thats what my hormones would have me do.

Once again, the sexist attitudes of women in general and my wife in particular that its "OK" to be driven by chemical and protein combinations and that its not your fault when you treat people like shit, because your a women and women have the horrible blight of PMS on them...Infuriates me. But thats my emotion and I take responsibility for it. Im not blaming testosterone for me hating it. And I never will.

Human beings have chemicals in them that make them feel things, acting on those feelings and what you do with them is your responsibility and you cant blame your actions on that. Because that would make you not a person. It would make you a meat robot who has no free will and no control over yourself.

Take responsibility. I was an ass to my wife last night, not because of my chemical programming but because Im sick of tired of her behavior and it needs to change. Asking politely does not work. So I revert to being angry. Thats my fault, and I admit it.

She says shes going to doctors on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home