Friday, December 02, 2005

You know what crawls under my skin? The radiothon to "end" child abuse. How obtuse to think you can solve a problem by throwing money at it...No amount of money will ever end child abuse...It will just goto every open hand along the way until the people who NEED the money get 5 cents on every dollar.

Maybe Im just bitter...Let me tell you a story:

I was 12, I had my friends Michael and Mandy Mower over...My mom and dad had just begun fighting. My father beat my mother on a regular basis. So this was really nothing out of the ordinary. I went downstairs to investigate...

I got downstairs and my mother was nowhere to be found.

My father was in the kitchen, across the dining room from the doorway I was standing in. I ask him what was going on...He starting screaming obscenities at me and then picked up some apples from the kitchen and started hurling them at me, major league baseball style. Slat, splat, splat on the doorframe. Thank God he missed.

I went back upstairs, and called the police, heres what I told them.

"Hi, My father beats my mother on a regular basis and they just had a fight, Now I cant find my mother anywhere and Dad is screaming at me when I ask where she is...Also he started throwing apples at me. Im really worried about her."

They tell me someone will be right there.

I told my friends who there that and made them leave via the upstairs bathroom roof.

The cops showed up. Talked to my dad and left. (hey why should they talk to the person who called in the complaint anyway right?)

You can imagine the beating I got following that. I never called the cops again in my life.

Stupid fucking cops. Stupid fucking society. Stupid fucking radiothon to "end" child abuse. Quit bringing me back 18 years to the most miserable time of my life.

Child abuse wont end until people choose to do the right thing and not raise their children in an atmosphere of violence and depravity.

Die Radiothon, DIE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home