Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sorry about being late with the post, I had some accounting person at my desk this morning from another building, so I had to let her finish her thing before I could get in here.

On with the post,

Yesterday, I got home from work and my computer was behaving very strangely, I had weirdo artifacing going on on the top of my screen and windowed application kept getting a bunch of squiglies on them.

I thought it was hardware. Thats the worst.

So I took out my proc and video card, cleaned the dust off them and put them back in.

Nothing, same prob.

I prayed to God alot that my computer was not fried(Id rather have all my fish die), well the problem persisted, so I decided it was most likely my video card and I took it out again and looked for the dreaded scorched solder points.

I found none.

What I did find was big fat strait pin connecting 2 chips! I took it off (It was wedged in) and things worked great!

Whew. That was close one.

Thanks Lord for watching my back. Cause that could have been much worse. (Like burn down my house worse)

Anyway have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home