Sunday, May 11, 2003

OK...so Im back.

I wrote a small play.

Cast

Carol-Gf's Sister
Jade-Carol's daughter
Robert-Me

Act 1 (the only act)

Open to Robert laying on livingroom floor. Jade and Carol are nearby.

Jade(to Robert):Im gonna step on your face

Robert(stupified):Dont step on my face

Jade(to Carol):Can I?

Carol(while watching TV):Go ahead.

Jade stomps

End Act 1

I told my GF about it this morning and she hit the roof...I couldn't really argue with her about the values that must teach the child...I was just complaining about having my face stomped.

Jenifer's granparents were still alive when we were there.We took a bunch of pictures.Generally speaking I was uncomfortable and fussed over the children most of the time.
They served up some mean old time style food. (They are 82 Jen's gramma and 84 Jen's Grampa)
I got their recipe for german potato salad but we also had some weird cornbread+corn suffle' thing, home canned pickles (weird....big as cucumbers)and something called chiken soup hotdish. They seemed well except for being extremely old.I got a bunch of pictures that Im sure Ill put up somewhere, just not tonight.

I feel bad cause I never see my grandparents...seeing Jen's was just the same as seeing mine but worse...I have nothing to say to someone 50 years older than me without wither sounding A.) dumb or B.) confusing the old person. In my own these things usually start my grandparents lecturing me abotu going to confession(hey Im not catholic anymore!) or back to college (wait...i think I make enough money,mostly).

But yeah I feel bad for not calling them. Maybe I will 2morrow if I dont get too busy at work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home