Friday, March 12, 2004

Does anybody out there ever listen to The Irish Rovers? I love The Irish Rovers. If youve never heard them then go out there and pirate some of their songs right now. I dont think they are at all affiliated with the RIAA. Heh.

Well I had to do an audit of the recording system on the 66 block this morning and it turned into way to big a pain during business hours. So I figure Ill come back at 4 AM on tues and use the sniffer and the toner and that should go alot smoother. :^) I bet nobody knows what Im talking but at least Im talking. :^P

Anyway Ill leave you with the lyrics to my favporite Irish Rovers Song. I love it cause I lived it my father was a protestant and my mother was catholic. However mother prevailed and I was raised a catholic. THANKS ALOT MOM. I have to go nurse my ever present guilt now.

Chorus:
Oh, it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen.
My father, he was Orange and me mother, she was green.

Verse 1:
My father was an Ulster man, proud Protestant was he.
My mother was a Catholic girl, from county Cork was she.
They were married in two churches, lived happily enough,
Until the day that I was born and things got rather tough.

Chorus:

Verse 2:
Baptized by Father Riley, I was rushed away by car,
To be made a little Orangeman, my father's shining star.
I was christened "David Anthony," but still, inspite of that,
To me father, I was William, while my mother called me Pat.

Chorus:

Verse 3:
With Mother every Sunday, to Mass I'd proudly stroll.
Then after that, the Orange lodge would try to save my soul.
For both sides tried to claim me, but i was smart because
I'd play the flute or play the harp, depending where I was.

Chorus:

Verse 4:
Now when I'd sing those rebel songs, much to me mother's joy,
Me father would jump up and say, "Look here would you me boy.
That's quite enough of that lot", he'd then toss me a coin
And he'd have me sing the Orange Flute or the Heros of The Boyne

Chorus:

Verse 5:
One day me Ma's relations came round to visit me.
Just as my father's kinfolk were all sitting down to tea.
We tried to smooth things over, but they all began to fight.
And me, being strictly neutral, I bashed everyone in sight.

Chorus:

Verse 6:
My parents never could agree about my type of school.
My learning was all done at home, that's why I'm such a fool.
They've both passed on, God rest 'em, but left me caught between
That awful color problem of the Orange and the Green.

Double Chorus:


Heh. Go download. If I could hit my subdomain from work Id post it for you. However I cant so I wont. Maybe later. But anyway this song kills me.

In other news I get free lunch today from the education dept. They must want something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home