Friday, March 19, 2004

So I went to see The Passion of the Christ last night. And let me start by saying that the guy eating popcorn behind me made it extremely hard for me to be a good christian throughout the whole movie. (crunch crunch crunch, burp)

There were a few things about the movie I didn't like:

-All the miracles were downplayed. Obviously they were happening but there was no meat to any of them. If I hadn't known of them before hand I would have completely missed at least half of them.

-I hated that Satan he/she and dont really understand why he/she was lurking around throughout the whole movie. I mean isn't the presence of the almighty supposed to be like scourging pain unto satan?

-Judas. I hated the way they handled Judas's guilt. See they had him condemned by God from the moment he sold Jesus out. I dont agree. I believe that Judas had his role to play and it was a part of "the plan" and all that. I mean yeah I think people should feel guilty for betraying the one true God (who also just happens to be one of your best buddies). But I dont think a horde of demons throwing rocks at you will be the result.

-Positioning of the nails. How many times do I have to complain to motion picture companies about how a nail through your palm will not hold you to the cross. Its got to go in at the wrist, otherwise you will just be hammering a new set in when the guys hands rip out and hes fallen in the dirt.

Other than those things I thought it was a pretty good flick. I didn't have a problem with the gore for the most part (and theres plenty of it). But I will admit I winced when He caught that cat-o-nine in the eye during the flagelation.

I dont really get why people are saying its so antisemetic. I mean its the same rep the jews have had to suffer with for the past 2000. And the film portrays Jesus and his disciples as Jews as well so all those anti-antisemites should just stfu and get over it. The jews crucified Christ. That is a well established fact. The romans might have done the actual work but it was the Pharisee who made the call.

Well Im going to break some bread and eat some lunch now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home