Monday, March 22, 2004

Urg. Some people. So im about to sit down to dinner and Im checking the caller ID and I see "Brainerd Public Schools". So I wonder which kid had their school calling ('Cause we have kids in 3 different schools). I call the number, fully expecting to get voicemail and then know which school it was and thereby what kid it was about, then I can question that kid. Instead this is what happens.

-Ring-Ring-Ring-50 Rings-

Me:HMMM, what kind of losers dont have voicemail? There must be voicemail.

-Ring-Ring-

Linda Soap:Hello?

Me(befuttled at not recieving voicemail):Oh I think I have the wrong number.

Linda Soap:Have you been calling here alot?!?!

Me: What? no?

Linda Soap:How do you know its the wrong number?!?!

Me: Huh? Um...

Linda Soap(interupting me):You just hear my voice and...

Me(interupting her):Actually I was trying to call Brainerd Public Schools and I expected to get voicemail but...

Linda Soap:Oh well someone from here mighta called there earlier today. Do you have students here?

Me(now totally ruffled):Yeah four. Can I get your name?

Linda Soap(now totally ruffled):er...um...Im Linda Soap I just happened to be here and the phone was ringing and ringing so I picked it up. I dont think the machine is answering. I can leave a message for the secretary if you want?

Me(now completely exasperated): No dont worry about it.

-Click-

I was going to call the number 2morrow and complain. But after writing all this I feel allittle better about it. Especially when I think that maybe just maybe somebody might goggle Linda Soap someday, Or goggle Brainerd Public Schools.

Ugh. Some people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home