Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I hate being the lotus notes admin.

#1 Its a full time job by itself. Forget for a minute that Im doing application, LAN, hardware, printer, and telecom support too.

#2 The fucking mail router pisses me off, its always caching information so that when I make changes they dont work until the mail router has been reset. Which I dont have rights todo. I have to either get ahold of someone in columbus or the Network Analysts.

#3 Sometimes I have to be mail admin for our sister site and the servers over there dont "act" the same as the ones here. Let alone the fact that the workstation setups of notes are completely different there.

#4 The "second line" notes support people rarely help me or get back to me in an expedient manner. So if theres something I dont know how todo then I have to figure it out. And let me tell you Ive had about 8 hours of training and it pretty much covered new users, name changes and terminations. Nothing else. Additionally please refer to number 1.

Ok thats my rant for the day.
BTW. HAPPY 4/20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home