Thursday, January 11, 2007

Well, I talked to the 18 year old tonight. He called. Theres some debate as to why.

One school of thought is that his grandmother dropped off a note for him at work today. I dont know what it said, but he answered the fone when my wife called him(finally 1.5 weeks later). And said he would be calling home tonight (she was at work) to talk to me and the children.

The fone call went well. Im not really that incredibly mad anymore. I decided Id talk to him last but I answered the fone and I made sure when I heard how small he sounded on the other end of the fone when I said hello that I told him I love him and I would talk to him in a minute.

Then I put him on the fone with his sister.

I didnt eavesdrop on the conversations he had with the kids.

My conversation with him went well for the most part. He said he is doing well and was getting his homework done. (However I have been watching online and he has missed a few assignments.) I told him I would love him no matter what but that I had wished he had gone about things alittle differently. And that I was extremely angry when this news first broke but that I was pretty much over it since oh I dunno, yesterday.

He talked about the cat that lived over there and asked how the video games were going. He said the school would let him apply for free lunch. Which I am pretty suprised about...I would think they would want to look at our past year income. He said he was going to call back at 10:30 to talk to his mom, I told him he needed to handle the situation with her gently because this is being very hard on her, he agreed and we said goodbye.

Well, here is where we start talking about the second school of thought as to why he called.

Appearently he needs his mother to sign over his bank account because he cant get money out without her signature for some strange reason. This would also make it seem to me that he has blown through his checking account and may not be being a wise steward of his assets. Additionally he has no running vehicle and no drivers liscense.

:^(

Everything was going so well. Why did he have to produce the alternate reason for calling? It casts doubt on the entire situation.

I dont think thats my imagination.

I know I have gotten some pretty nasty comments from readers saying how I have a an anger problem and I need counseling and yadda yadda no wonder blah blah.

I have perfectly legitamate reasons to be upset here. And thats that.

I dont want to play cloak and dagger with my kid and constantly feel like hes going to knife me in the back or trip and fall on a knife and thusly knife me in the back.

WOE AND AGONY SHALL BE ON ME FOR HIS STUPID MISTAKES.

I guess I just dont trust him to make the right choices anymore.:^(

And that makes me angry. :^P

Wasnt this post so much more exciting when I was angrier?

ok just to put spin on this story and really beg the question as to how upset I can legitamately be, listen to this-

Appearently he mentioned to my wife how his uncle was pointing out that perhaps he could get an ebt card...Yeah, ok, 18 year old well bodied man, on welfare. How can I not be upset about that? Furthermore how can that possibly be the best thing for him?! So why should I not be upset? (OK DOWNRIGHT ANGRY!?!), that he is considering that as an option?(Is that an option?!) I never considered that as an option at that age, and I would be downright ashamed if I had.

I guess if he wants to jump through the hoops laid down by the state then so be it. Perhaps they can teach him something that I somehow missed.

Oh and someone please tell me again how I am a morbid control freak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home