Monday, May 12, 2008

Im very worried about my 55 gallon fishtank today, yesterday when I was doing water changes, the middle support beam on top broke, the glass proceeded to swell out about 1/4th of an inch under the water pressure, and I began to freak out.

I duct taped it and that seemed to be good, but overnight the duct tape has stretched and now we are back at the swell of 1/4 inch.

The glass didnt break even under the strain of the swell, and big "DWONK" noise, (which happened a few times while I tried to tape it) but I think I need to go buy a piece of plastic and cut it to fit and some high powered epoxy and glue a replacement beam to the frame.

Ugh what a nightmare.

I hope it can hold until next weekend because quite frankly I dont have any monies for that sort of thing right now. (And if it busts I guess its covered under my insurance).

Did I mention nightmare? Yeah I believe I did.

Anyway hope you all have a good day and say a prayer my fishtank stays together.

PS. Puffer is doing great tho...Better than the other fish with the big stress-athon yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home