Friday, May 09, 2008

Spent all morning fighting with a label printer and some dumb barcode printing software called label matrix. Man it is some junky, buggy BS I tell you.

But anyway, today is friday, and its payday, and I have some extra computer work booked for after work tonight, and I wanna buy some fish and renew my everyquest subscript, and this weekend I need to do some water changes and clean my porch and my yard, and and and and

and I am making GOBS!

I love gobs, my mom always used to make them when I was a kid, and yesterday I got her to email me the recipe:

Ok here we go: Oh by the way this is a double recipe I never saw the point of making less!!!


Filling or icing:

10 tabl flour
2 cups milk
Cooking until thick and creamy. mix following and add to milk mixture
2 cups powd sugar
2 sticks margarine (do not use butter )
1 cup crisco
1/2 teas salt
2 teas vanilla

Gob-cake

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup crisco
2 eggs
1cup buttermilk ( you can use a little less )
1 teas vanilla
4 cups flour
2 teas baking soda
1/2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
1/2 cup cocoa
Ladle onto greased and floured sheet bake for 5 mins ant 450- I always had to plat with the temp/I never made it that hot!!! And I got busy!!!


You can always cheat and use box devils food cake mix and 1 cup flour


Anyway, I gotta run, I hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home