Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blood is never blue! I have been having this argument with people in the northern plains for years. They are actually taught, in schools mind you, that blood turns blue when it is deprived of oxygen. And that it only turns red again when it is infused with oxygen from the air or your lungs.

This is not true. They might as well be teaching that the world is flat. Ugh! Its infuriating me right now while I write about it.

Where would one get the idea that their flesh was blue? I haven't the foggiest. Its counter to logic, common sense and science.

I tell them, "when you have blood drawn out, there is a vacuum in the syringe, that's what causes your blood to be "sucked" out of your arm. There is no air in a vacuum, by definition. AND ITS STILL RED IN THERE!!!"

Yet they still insist, "Blood is blue when it is deprived of oxygen."

"IRON IS RED! IRON IS RED! YOUR BLOOD IS MADE OF IRON! YOU MORONS! IT IS ALWAYS RED!!!"

Still they disbelieve.

I show them web page after web page on the internet, telling them, "blood is never blue". They reply with "you can find anything you want to find on the internet, that doesn't prove anything". (heres the usual page I show them http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rjh9u/blueblud.html )

OOOOO the ignorance of the human race disgusts me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home