Friday, May 30, 2008

You guys will never believe it!

Someone tried to "hack" my webcam PC yesterday, unbelievable huh? As far as I can tell they were trying to deface or change what the webpage the cam is displayed on says. Fortunately for me it didnt seem to work. The stuff they were doing seemed to be on the IRC port 6667, and their(or their proxies) ip was 207.126.115.44, which rattles back to some place called Edison, NJ. I thought about contacting the place that IP is owned by but for now since the attack seemed harmless I havent. I blocked port 6667 on my router and tightened up security a bit on the webcam PC(Which is in my homemade DMZ) and virus scanned the machine just to see if there was anything on there I should be concerned about, it came up clean as a whistle.

Weird tho. I didnt imagine in my wildest dreams someone would be pathetic enough to try that.

Anyway...Its picture Friday. So here is your picture for the week. Its me at the north shore (Lake superior). Incidental its my mommy's favorite picture of me(she says I look like my dad in it).

ImageHost.org

Well have a great day and please dont try and hack my LAN again! THANKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home