Thursday, August 07, 2008

Paula says

Not sure if this drama is real, or not? Just in case it is real, no one is talking about you on their blogs except me!
I miss the old Canopenner. I read your feed several times a week. Your Christian nature was always apparent, whether you mentioned Christ or not.


Thanks Paula!

I got really scared over the parable you told me.

Ill recap for the people who didnt get to read it.

Matthew 13:44-46

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

So yeah, I got REALLY REALLY scared of that.

But then I realized it was my pride making me scared. I shouldnt be so proud. I needed to realize that all the good things I have are NOT the fruits of my labors. They are not some kind of reward.

They are simply the gifts from God unto the world, and I need to freely recieve them. I thank him wholeheartedly!

The thing that made me realize that I was proud and I was trying to do the things for myself and I never could was this next parable. The one of the closed door:

Luke 13:22-30

He went on his way through towns and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. And some one said to him, "Lord, will those who are saved be few?" And he said to them, "Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the householder has risen up and shut the door, you will begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, `Lord, open to us.' He will answer you, `I do not know where you come from.' Then you will begin to say, `We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.' But he will say, `I tell you, I do not know where you come from; depart from me, all you workers of iniquity!' There you will weep and gnash your teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves thrust out. And men will come from east and west, and from north and south, and sit at table in the kingdom of God. And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."


Because the only way in is by following someone who does know God.

Like his word. Jesus. And a mighty and wonderful word it is!

Isaiah 55:11

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home