Sunday, June 08, 2008

The city of Brainerd held a street festival tonight(sat night).

I didnt go but could hear the crowd and music from my back porch.

The band was highly annoying, this is their set as far as I could tell from when I was out smoking(Im sure I, thankfully, missed quite a few songs)

-Strait Up (who would cover Paula Abdul? YUCK!)
-Girl You Know its True (Milli Vanilli even yuckier!)
-Its Tricky (Ok I wont say anything disparaging about RunDMC, but still, theres much better music out there to cover)
-Walk like an Egyptian (thanks, but no thanks)
And I kid you not they ended their set with the cheers theme song. Their mothers must be so proud.

So once it ended I noticed there were like a thousand sirens, I assume the city of Brainerd police department pulled over a thousand drunks. Because seriously who else would be standing around in the streets listening to such a shitty cover band?

"Thanks for coming to our summer fest, see you in court"

All in all a very depressing scene that Im glad I didnt live any nearer to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home